- 2017-2017: PlusPetrol SA. Timing or deformation, quantitative geology and geodynamics, Block 108 Peru. Thermochronology, tectonics, deformation, basin infilling and thermal models (200-45°C).
- 2016 - 2016: CNPC - Thermal evolution and O&G potential, Block 58 - Camisea basin SE Peru. Collaborations: Geological Survey Denmark. Thermochronology and Petroleum geochemistry.
- 2016-2016: SIPEC and PetroGuard - Structural reconstruction of block 28 - Amazonian Basin Ecuador.
- 2010-2014: CAUCA-LIFT. Uplift and deposition in the Caucasian O&G rich Kura-Kartli-Rioni basins. Funding: Swiss “Ambizione grant (FNS). Collaborations: ETH Zurich, Uni. Fribourg, Uni. Texas & Science Academia Tbilissi, Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland.
- 2008-2013: Senior supervisor (Ph.D project) Vertical movements in southern Tunisia. Collaborations: Total SA.,Uni. Cergy-Pontoise.
- 2008- 2011: Senior supervisor (Ph.D project) The transition Dezful embayment - Izeh Zone: structuration and quantification of tectonic processes by low temperature thermochronology. Funding: Total SA., National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) & Uni. Cergy-Pontoise (France).
- 2006-2010: TOPO-Atlas. Insights from low-temperature thermochronometry and in situ cosmogenic dating + Denudation patterns in the High, Anti and Sub-Atlas regions, SW Morocco Funding: Swiss National Science Foundation (FNS). Collaborations: ONHYM (Ministry of Energy and Mines Morocco) SUERC (UK), ETH Zurich (CH), Uni. Neuchâtel and Bern (CH), Casablanca (Morocco), Cergy-Pontoise (France), Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland.
- 2003-2005: Landscape evolution in the SE Andes of Peru – Insights from low-temperature thermochronometry and in situ cosmogenic dating”. Funding: Dutch National Science Foundation (WOTRO). Coll.: PeruPetro SA, IRD, Uni. Cuzco, VU Amsterdam.
-1998-2002: Exhumation of the northern Sub-Andean Zone of Ecuador – Insights from fied mapping and low-temperature thermochronometryFunding Swiss National Science Foundation (FNS). Coll. ETH Zurich, IRD (France), PetroEcuador SA.
Here are the different brochures I propose you (just send me a request by email):
- "GeoLogin 3G brochure.pdf": 21 pages on my expertise + additional ones I did not discus in this website, i.e. Fault gouge dating + Salt tectonics...
- "GeoLogin 3G datasets.pdf": the datasets I can realize for you, compile and re-interpret in the light of myl expertise. Quality Control (QC) for each data point. An step by step example is illustrated at the end of this brochure = high quality datasets so interpretation so figures from a new Petroleum system in northern Africa
References exposing our lateral thinking and a new perspective for detrital thermochronology
- Ruiz et al. (2004): Detrital thermochronology a new perspective on hinterland tectonics, an example from the Andean Amazon Basin, Ecuador
- Ruiz and Seward (2006): The Punjab foreland basin of Pakistan: a reinterpretation of zircon fission-track data in the light of Miocene hinterland dynamics
- Ruiz et al. (2011): A "ghost", missing basin in the Sahara: From Central Atlantic continental rifting to Neogene uplift - Western Anti-Atlas Morocco.
Below are different chapters of a book published in 2005 by the Mineralogical Society of America untitled: "Past, Present, and Future of Thermochronology". There are more recent publications but this is the best for a large overview. If you need individual chapters just send us an email at
- Chapter 01: Past, Present, and Future of Thermochronology
- Chapter 02: Fundamentals of Fission-Track Thermochronology
- Chapter 03: Apatite Fission-Track Analysis
- Chapter 04: Zircon Fission-Track Thermochronology and Applications to Fault Studies
- Chapter 05: Fundamentals of Noble Gas Thermochronometry
- Chapter 06: Zircon (U-Th)/He Thermochronometry
- Chapter 07: 4He/3He Thermochronometry: Theory, Practice, and Potential Complications
- Chapter 08: Fission-track Analysis of Detrital Zircon
- Chapter 09: 40Ar/39Ar Thermochronology of Detrital Minerals
- Chapter 10: Forward Modeling and Interpretation of (U-Th)/He Ages
- Chapter 11: Forward and Inverse Modeling of Low-Temperature Thermochronometry Data
- Chapter 12: Crustal Thermal Processes and the Interpretation of Thermochronometer Data
- Chapter 13: Quantitative Constraints on the Rate of Landform Evolution Derived from Low-Temperature Thermochronology
- Chapter 14: Exploiting 3D Spatial Sampling in Inverse Modeling of Thermochronological Data
- Chapter 15: Continuous Thermal Histories from Inversion of Closure Profiles
- Chapter 16: Application of Low-Temperature Thermochronometry to Extensional Tectonic Settings
- Chapter 17: Applications of Low-Temperature Thermochronometry to Quantification of Recent Exhumation in Mountain Belts
- Chapter 18: Application of Thermochronology to hydrothermal Ore Deposits
- Chapter 19: Thermochronometers in Sedimentary Basins
- Chapter 20: Visualizing Thermotectonic and Denudation Histories Using Apatite Fission Track Thermochronology
- Chapter 21: Low-Temperature Thermochronometry of Meteorites
- Chapter 22: Computational Tools for Low-Temperature Thermochronometer Interpretation
Graphitization or raman spectroscopy:
- Beyssac 2002: Raman spectra of carbonaceous material in metasediments: a new geothermometer
- Lahfid et al. (2010): Evolution of the Raman spectrum of carbonaceous material in low-grade metasediments of the Glarus Alps (Switzerland)